I HAD planned on going to bed around 10pm - then otaku started flaking out like it was doing this past weekend but this time the mouse was affected, too. I have FINALLY been able to shut it down, after:
pulled the otaku box down from the shelf too high for me to reach so I have to use a yardstick to get it
looked up the directions to fix the "NTOSKRNL.EXE missing or corrupt" problem rat had found on the web earlier
completely freaked out because the directions I had for fucking Xtra Problems (on the recover disk) said I had to have some kind of Admin code or something I would have gotten at the original setup, which I DID NOT GET because everything was installed by Dell and if I did not have it, I was up shit creek
went to Dell and got another set of directions
wake up rat and go nuts
finally figured out how to get to setup so we could point to just the CD for bootup (and turn off all the other things because it kept going for them - stoopid microsoft)
had to figure out the "NTOSKRNL.EXE missing or corrupt" fix, which included another website entirely
did the "NTOSKRNL.EXE missing or corrupt" fix, which did not work
tried the Dell instructions, which were not thorough
otaku finally recognized the CD so it started running (rat went back to bed)
the mouse still would not work and nothing on the recover CD could be found to fix
dug through the box and found a driver CD, which said nothing about mouse drivers but tried it anyway
the CD actually worked - shock of shocks - and the mouse worked again instead of being spastic
shut down otaku and hopes for the best
It's fucking almost 2:30am in the morning.
Oh, rat's procedure went fine. My mother took him to her house and 'mothered' him there with soft foods and a nap. (jeeze!) The four of us went to Black-Eyed Pea for dinner because they have non-spicy choices he could eat. It has been very funny listening to his intestine kicking back into gear, all the way across the room.
I am absolutely dead and my chest hurts again. I am going to bed.
Thanks: --> to Lia, my sensei, who has inspired me to draw again. I
wouldn't be doing this without your support, Domo Arigato!
--> to Talon, for sending me her fabulous fics, inspiring me with her writing to draw my first
illustration for a story and actually liking what I drew.
--> to Dasia, for her words of encouragement when drawing her original chara.
--> to Joules, a wonderful epic fic writer, for liking my art enough to want to post them with Talon's
and her own stories.
--> to Lutra, the other half of the epic team, for being so supportive.
--> to Jacque' & Becca Raddittzu, we met on eBay as bidder and sellers and now we are face-to-face
friends. You showed us the real DBZ with your fansubs. It's all your fault the house is full of
doujinshi! *LOL*